Areas of Expertise
Cell Device Data Recovery Wireless Networks and Volatile Data Social Networking Sites Computer CrimeEmergency Communications
Web ServicesAs justice and public safety practitioners use the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) to represent the semantics of their information exchanges, they also must address how they will transport the information between systems in a way that ensures interoperability and conformance with open standards.
The Web Services stack of industry standards provides a flexible, comprehensive, and standards-based approach to messaging.
SEARCH has extensive expertise working with Web Services standards. Team members served as lead authors on the Global Reference Architecture's Web Services Service Interaction Profile and customized Web Services strategies for the States of Hawaii and Maine.
The SEARCH team also has provided technical assistance to jurisdictions developing Web Services specifications for NIEM-conformant exchanges, and prototyped these exchanges using open source tools such as WSO2.
- Justice Reference Architecture Web Services Service Interaction Profile
- Download this Technical Brief on Using NIEM with Web Services
- Download this companion Technical Brief on Web Services and NIEM: Realizing the Value of Available Tools
- New! View or download our Technical Brief, Using Open Source Infrastructure to Implement the Global Reference Architecture
- View or download this brief Web Services overview
- Sends us your questions about Web Services
- Request assistance for your agency's Web Services needs