Areas of Expertise
Cell Device Data Recovery Wireless Networks and Volatile Data Social Networking Sites Computer CrimeEmergency Communications
For years, SEARCH has assisted States and supported national efforts to develop such policies by conducting conferences and workshops; convening task forces; developing reports and guides; participating in privacy initiatives of national working groups; and providing expert technical assistance. Check out the Privacy page in the Law and Policy section of our website for more information and resource links.
- Check out our Privacy 101 primer
The guide allows State, local and Tribal justice practitioners to examine the privacy implications of their information systems and information-sharing collaborations so they can design and implement policies to address vulnerabilities identified through the assessment process. It also includes a privacy impact assessment template that jurisdictions can use to conduct their own assessments.
- View or download this SEARCH Technical Brief on the benefits of using JIEM® to capture privacy requirements
- Robert Boehmer/Alan Carlson presentation
- Owen Greenspan presentation
- Take a look at these other SEARCH-developed documents on privacy