Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS)
SEARCH, The National Consortium for Justice Information and Statistics
COPS 2007 Technology Program
Information Sharing and Voice Interoperability Initiatives
December 4-6, 2007
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
This technical assistance conference is designed to educate COPS 2007 Technology Program grant recipients in the areas of technology planning, acquisition, implementation and integration of data or voice interoperability projects.
It will offer plenary and panel sessions addressing successful project planning, implementation and management; multi-jurisdictional governance; funding strategies; interoperability technologies; technology evaluation; performance measurement and grant management.
- Implementing interagency memoranda of understanding and agreements
- Managing regional capabilities for sustained effort and cooperation
- Managing vendor relationships
- Surviving sole-source procurements, negotiating contracts, navigating bid protests, and building acceptance strategies
- Best practices and lessons learned in implementing information sharing technologies
- Best practices and lessons learned in implementing shared radio systems
- Best practices in planning, procurement, contract negotiations, and implementation of data and voice systems
- Take home a conference workbook with useful tools, such as RFP (request for proposals) checklists, vendor evaluation tips and much more!
- Network with other agencies implementing similar technologies and facing similar challenges.